Sunday, October 9, 2011

2nd Week at YWAM!

I have offcially been here for 14 days.

It feels like I have been here 2 months instead of 2 weeks.

It also feels like the past 2 weeks have gone by in the blink of an eye. Wierd.

Monday we started our first lecture series by Vickie Hedgepeth on hearing the voice of God. God spoke so much through her! She is the co-director of YWAM Charlotte (along with her husbnd Todd), and she has so many stories of how God was faithful to speak to her and her family during the struggles of her son's immunization-induced autism, the near 4 year process of adopting ( and changing the laws forbidding adoption by families with biological children) of her daughter Gabby from Togo, West Africa, and of the 7 year process of owning the historic Blakeny House that is now the base of YWAM Charlotte. Her love for the Lord truley showed through as she focused on reltionship with the Lord, the fear of the Lord, and the power of intercession.

It is amazing how over the past few weeks I hav found the Lord speaking to me in ways i couldnt have imagined. He is faithful to share His heart when I just take the time to lay down my pride and listen to His will.

He knows the big picture, and we never will! Isn't that beautiful?

Trusting Him, when nothing makes sense, is actually a refreshing feeling...

God is restoring so much in me! Growing up in a large Christian family like mine is a blessing, but there is no a lack of hurts that have come along with it. Being involved with church-splits, people so "unreligious" they are religious, emotional immaturity, and my own pride about my background are all sure-fire ways to become doubtful and hurt by many things "of God," but He is restoring the joy of my salvation! He is restoring the way I look at people. He is restoring the judgement i have felt (and that i let influence my walk with Him) towards people, He is restoring my prideful heart, and He is bringing me into a place of mere joy at the fact that He loves me.

He wants to be in relationship with me, He doesnt just want me to do "the right things" for Him. He wants me to listen.

I am taking off my mask for you. My family. My friends. I am learning more and more about the Lord, and i have so much more to learn. If you ever thought Victoria had it all together, I don't. I have had a negative attitude toward the church, and have judged the intentions of those in it.

And I am sorry.

Continue to pray for me as i learn more about the Lord and His heart...


More in Monroe:
This week we had a birthday party for Nicole Botha from South Africa. This included waking up at 2am, singing the birthday song 18 times, and about 20 people get 18 and up watching the lion king together as a family

I was put on the hospitality team, and i get to help welcome speakers as well as put together bdy parties and other YWAM family functions!

I wrote a rap about the foundational values of YWAM, and now have the rep of being pretty G.

A few staff families have children, and the four Vengala girls were happy to learn some ballet this week, and it may be a continuing thing!

I still don't know the country we will be going to for outreach, but I do know that I still need $4000 before Thanksgiving, so please be praying tht the Lord will provide!

I love you all, and will look forward to another post next week! More pictures will be posted soon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment