Monday, October 24, 2011

Fourth Week!

One month?! Are you kidding me?! The time has flown by so fast!

I miss home a lot, I miss every single person that is back in Lynchburg and around the world...

But this is becoming home too! This past weekend it was a free weekend and a small group of us went to Boone NC! It was one of the most beautiful places i have ever been. God's beauty was so evident in the mountains, but even still i found myself missing "home" here in Monroe...My family here is fantastic!

This week was really full of ups and downs, I wish ya'll were here because sometimes words cannot even describe all the different feelings and emotions of doing a DTS.

The Lord is so good. He is so faithful. He is so worth it.

He is above everything I could ever ask or imagine. He is restoring the joy of my salvation. The simplicity of all that He is. He is helping me regain child-like faith.

This past week we had Anna Cleghorn teaching us on the history of the Bible, and specifically on the inductive method of study. This is right up my alley because i love history, love studying correlations between the old and new testement, love breaking things apart and studying them piece by piece, love learning new things, love school, and love Jesus!

Besides simply the inductive method, the Lod spoke many other truths through Anna.

I was reminded of the importance to study the foundational truths about God's nature and character because we move toward our mentl image of God. We need to have a biblical view of who He is.

Another example that was given this week was that of the dollar and its value. Money has value because it has an image on it. The image of a founding father. Our lives have value because God stamped His image on us when He created us.

Through studying the story of the Bible i was re-reminded of God's perfect plan of redemption. God taught me things that i know i will be able to use in outresch as I share the love of Christ with those whom i come in contact with.

Speaking of outreach! I still do not know where we are going, but the leadership team has confirmed that we will know very soon! With this knowledge comes great excitement, because i am excited to walk out in all the Lord is teaching me.

In saying that i need all of your prayers. My support has come to a stand still, and i am currently revamping strategy to raise the funds  i will need. This will start as soon as i know the outreach location. Please be in prayer that I will be able to raise these funds in a timely manner.

Thank you for all of your support and love! Please look forward to hearing from me next week!

My roomies say hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment