Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Post ( I know you cannot handle the creativity)

VictoriousThroughGrace is not only a pun on my name (Victoria Grace), but it is also something I have to daily remind my self of.

As I struggle, it is only through His grace that I can be victorious.

No matter how hard I try, I can accomplish nothing worthwile without Him.

If I continue to ignore Him, I will become weaker and weaker.

Nothing of my own strength will be victorious.

My current favorite verse:

"Therefore, dear brothers and sisters,you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature,you will live!" Romans 8:12-13

As I struggle with the constant battle between selfishness and righteousness, the Lord reminds me that through Him, and only Him, can I truley conquer all that has held me back.

The phrase "no obligation" hits me so strong.

Every time I sense myself starting to fall, I have to say NO!

SIN YOU HAVE NO HOLD ON ME! I AM NOT OBLIGED TO LISTEN.

I listen when I am not supposed to.

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Romans 7:15

But the awesome thing is this.

We have a Saviour.

He died for my sinful nature.

And through His grace I can be victorious.

He holds me in His hands.

So this blog is simply my journey. As I learn to live a life of trust, and as I fall along the way.

I simply ask you to be patient with me, and pray for me, as God reminds me of His continual grace and my perfect inadequacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment