Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Half Way There: Sixth Week at YWAM!

I just finished my sixth week of a 12-week lecture phase.


Wow.


Time goes by too fast for me to wrap my mind around it!


I have been learning so much, and God is truley molding me each and every day as i grow closer to Him.


As i grow closer to Him, I am learning so much about myself. I am learning my struggles, and my triumphs. I am being reminded of my weaknesses and my strengths.


This week we had Dave Buehring (Lionshare Leadership Group).


His basic topic for the week was relationships, but he branched into many other topics because of his many years of wisdom and leadership.
On relationships he talked about the “12 pillars of Godly relationships.”
He got these from Romans 12 and they are as follows:
·         Looking at others with a renewed mind.
·         Responding with Grace
·         Walking in true Humility (which is acknowledging who God made you to be: Nothing more, and nothing less).
·         Celebrating Diversity
·         Love. Making the choice to have genuine affection
·         Honoring one another. Putting Value on people like Christ does.
·         Joy, Hope, and Patience.
·         Prayer. You only can speak into someone’s life to the degree tht you pray for them.
·         Sharing
·         Understanding. Individual gifts and personalities
·         Blessing one another
·         Harmony. Walking in peace with one another.
He also posed questions for general growth as a Christian. One question I was challenged with was If I was the devil how would I attack me?
He talked about how the Lord will often use the first 2/3 of our lives as preparation for our true calling. And that as Christians we should be constantly moving forward.
He talked about how we al have a spiritual spine. We have truths that are the foundation of our lives, and along with that there is also fluidity and differnce that is in all of us.
He warned us not to get stuck in a Christian "Ghetto" where we can only surround ourselves with people like us. We hve our own launguage and style that we keep people away from.
 He also shared on guy+girl relationships, attraction, and marriage.
He also had a lot to say about walking under authority, and used Daniel as an example.
God is working through a lot of things in my heart. It is a rough time, but i know that God is molding me and making me stronger. I am so excited about all that He will be doing in me and through me in this coming time!
Outreach teams should be announced soon, please be praying about my finances as that is still a need!

No comments:

Post a Comment